Since 1995, Dr. Kim Crockard has helped over 1,000 students and their families with the college search and application process, as well as the many tasks these activities include. Her professional life has been filled with students and parents and fellow life-long learners. She has even edited a cookbook.
A sampling of her résumé includes:
- Private school administrator and college counselor
- Classroom teacher, public and private schools, teaching grades 5th-12th as well as at the college and graduate levels.
- Educational consultant working with students throughout the Southeast
- Sales trainer and internal communications director for the largest bank in Alabama
- Marketing consultant for individuals and small to mid-sized businesses
- Professional speaker and workshop leader on diverse subjects such as personal development, communication skills, classroom management, professionalism, and time management.
- College counseling consultant to a variety of schools throughout the US – public, private, special needs, and religious institutions.
Dr. Crockard maintains first-hand knowledge of a wide range of institutions, their facilities and academic offerings, as well as, their distinct social opportunities. Having toured over 300 colleges and universities throughout the country, she feels confident suggesting specific colleges and universities for students to research and to seriously consider for application and ultimate attendance.
She keeps current on issues in higher education and admissions trends through her membership in professional associations, national publications, and conversations with admissions and educational professionals, in such venues as the Harvard Summer Institute on College Admissions and other national conferences. Dr. Crockard maintains membership in good standing with the Higher Education Consultants Association and The Independent Educational Consultants Association.
Dr. Crockard is a dedicated professional. She adheres to the Statement of Principles of Good Practice for Members of the National Association of College Admission Counseling and informs families and students of their rights per the Statement of Students’ Rights and Responsibilities in the College Admissions Process (a companion document to the Statement of Principles). She conducts every aspect of her practice with respect, honesty, integrity, and confidentiality.